Monday, January 08, 2007

Those Pesky Christian Reconstructionists

I wish Salon would stop publishing articles like this one . It's not that they're not informative, well-written, and fascinating. It's that they scare the hell out of me. For someone who's trying to go straight when it comes to doomsday politics (fingers uncrossed,) these articles are like candy. I just can't resist 'em. But really what's a day without a thought and a prayer for our right-wing friends, aka the Christian Taliban? Who could forget the great R.J. Rushdoony founder of the Christian Reconstructionist movement? It's good to know there's a theocratic movement out there founded by a guy who would have liked to have most of us stoned (no, not that kind of stoned,) and that it has powerful sympathizers in our elected government. But these lunatics are nothing to be afraid of, right? I mean, it's not like there's any historical precedent for a major economic, military, and cultural power collapsing into armed chaos? Ok, no recent precedent ? Look I'm not saying much, I'm just saying let's all say a little prayer tonight that we don't have a major terrorist attack or economic collapse anytime in the next ten years. Because I sure don't want to be answering to this guy for the rest of my time on this planet. Really.

No comments: